At Rebecca Taylor Aesthetics clinic, our skin experts work with top aesthetic treatments to create fresh, beautiful skin. One of our leading treatments is chemical peels, which work to gently ‘resurface’ your complexion by gently exfoliating the upper layers of the skin, bringing smoother, more youthful skin to the surface.
What do chemical peels treat?
Facial peels can be used for a variety of skin concerns. These include:
- Hyperpigmentation – areas of skin that appear red or darker than the surrounding skin. The condition is most commonly caused by sun exposure, however, it can also be brought on by certain treatments and even medications.
- Acne scarring – chemical peels work to refine the appearance of the skin, while the procedure also encourages new skin growth to appearance tone and texture.
- Wrinkles – signs of ageing, such as fine lines and wrinkles, can be minimised through chemical peel treatment, which helps to rejuvenate the complexion.
- Dryness & dullness – if the skin looks lacklustre, a chemical peel can help create a radiant glow while boosting hydration.
What types of peel are there?
There are different types of peels, which target different concerns. Deeper peels are ‘stronger’ and may not need repeating, while other types may need several sessions to enhance and prolong results. Types of a facial peel include:
- Light chemical peel – exfoliates the uppermost layer of the skin, and is usually recommended for uneven skin tone, dryness, wrinkles and acne.
- Medium chemical peel – penetrates the skin more deeply, targeting the middle part of the skin. Those with uneven tone, acne scarring and wrinkles can benefit.
- Deep chemical peel – the deepest type of chemical peel, used to target deeper wrinkles and scarring.
Are there any Side effects
Chemical peels can make skin feel red, inflamed and tender. The skin can feel tight and dry while peeling takes place, and in some cases, scabbing is also possible. In very rare circumstances, scarring, pigmentation and infection can occur.
What alternatives are there?
It depends on your specific skin concerns. Lines and wrinkles can benefit from dermal fillers or anti-wrinkle treatments, while acne scarring and pigmentation can be targeted with microneedling. To find the best treatment, or to book a facial peel, we first ask our clients to secure a consultation with our aesthetics clinic here in Suffolk.
How do I book my consultation?
Simply visit our contact page for all the details, and our team here in Suffolk will arrange a booking at your convenience.